Tuesday 29 November 2011

Thing 7-Networking and organisations

Since I started working in my current post I have been aware that this is a real issue for me and something I need to work on.  As I'm a manager rather than a qualified librarian I'm not a member of any professional organisations though after looking through the list on Thing 7 there are definitely some organisations that I should investigate and perhaps become a member of.  I have always enjoyed meeting other people who work within a learning resources environment and always find visiting other institutions useful and come away with lots of ideas to try for myself.  I would love to attend more training courses and meet ups but unfortunately time (and budget) often reduce the opportunities for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment